zondag 5 juni 2016

Long Live Muhammad Ali



Ron heeft een nieuwe reactie op je bericht "Who Is Hillary Clinton?" achtergelaten: 
Muhammad Ali is dood .......Weigerde o.a. dienst tijdens Vietnam-oorlog. 

'Why should they ask me to put on a uniform 
and go 10,000 miles from home and drop bombs 
and bullets on Brown people in Vietnam while so- 
called Negro people in Louisville are treated like 
dogs and denied simple human rights? No I'm not 
going 10,000 miles from home to help murder 
and burn another poor nation simply to continue 
the domination of white slave masters of the 
darker people the world over. This is the day 
when such evils must come to an end. I have 
been warned that to take such a stand would cost 
me millions of dollars. But I have said it once and I will say it again. The real enemy of my people 
I will say it again. The real enemy of my people 
is here. I will not disgrace my religion, my people or myself by becoming a tool to enslave those 
or myself by becoming a tool to enslave those 
who are fighting for their own justice, freedom 
and equality.... If I thought the war was going to 
bring freedom and equality to 22 million of my 
people they wouldn't have to draft me, I'd join 
tomorrow. I have nothing to lose by standing up 
for my beliefs. So I'll go to jail, so what? We've 
been in jail for 400 years.'



Geen opmerkingen:

Peter Flik en Chuck Berry-Promised Land

mijn unieke collega Peter Flik, die de vrijzinnig protestantse radio omroep de VPRO maakte is niet meer. ik koester duizenden herinneringen ...